Well my Mom and I are making a little trip to Michigan over the weekend. My Son and his fiancee are doing a 'taste testing' of some of the menu items available to be served at the their wedding reception this fall and we were invited to join them.
I'm happy to have this opportunity to check out the venue first hand and figure out the best way to get there. We plan on bringing the fifth wheel up for the wedding, but have not been able to find any rv parks close by. I'm going to ask the management if those of us arriving by rv, can park our rigs in the parking lot. We all plan to get rooms so I can't imagine they would have a problem. The dang place looks to be out in the middle of nowhere and the parking area looks large enough to handle it.
Next Tuesday we head over to Purdue Vet Clinic to have Cosmo's back legs checked out. I'm not sure how folks afford that place. They are charging us $150.00 dollars just to look at him, his x-rays (which we are bringing too them), and give us their opinion. If we choose to leave him for a period of 2 to 3 days for more testing that raises the price to between $1500-$2000! That's not for a cure or treatment....just to hopefully find out the cause. I have a problem with not only the cost, but leaving my dog so they can run whatever the hell test they deem necessary. NOT gonna happen! At this point, we decided it was worth the money for the second opinion and that's it. Cosmo doesn't seem to be in any pain....which of the two vets we have talked too so far, doesn't fit with what they are seeing in his x-rays. At any rate, we will hear what they have to say and make some decisions on where we go from here! In the meantime, we do have him on an anti inflammatory medication and had noticed a bit of improvement. That is, until we switched over to the generic version...then it seemed we were right back where we started. So today, I called to get a new script of the original medication....we'll see if we see improvement. Until then please keep my Cosmo boy in your thoughts....he is such a good dog and we want to do all we can to keep his quality of life good!
Sunday, May 11, 2014
Thursday, May 8, 2014
Guess things have been a little busy a round here....didn't realize I had not posted that we were back in Indiana. We arrived here last Thursday....and Wow! What an exciting day we had yesterday. Baby Elijah decided it was time to make his grand entrance....
Big boy, 8lbs 9oz...look at him holding his little head up already!
And this....this is BIG Brother Noah....
Yes...it was a great day, being a Great Auntie is AWESOME!