Last night the temps fell to about 28 degrees. We are trying to conserve our propane so we have been running our portable electric fireplace in the living room and the small electric heater in our bedroom. Normally we don't leave the fireplace run at night, but since the electric bill is paid (we have a weekly rate here with electric included) we decided to set it on low and leave it on. We stayed toasty warm and the furnace never ran once. Somewhere around 3am my little Belle decided to trek out into the living room....for a drink of water I think. I heard the pitter-patter of tiny paws on the bathroom floor and then the growling began. I could not imagine what she was growling at....was she sleep walking? No, turns out she was growling at the fireplace and I can't say that I blame her. Sitting in the dark...those sparkling embers....must of been a scary sight to her. By this time, Cosmo decided he had to investigate as well. Then they decided...."well, since we are up....how bout a trip outside!" I layered up...and out we went into the cool, crisp early morning air. Once all the "furball business" was done...we were back in our respective beds....all snugly warm.
Awoke this morning to the sun peeking out from between the clouds....wouldn't be surprise if most of the snow was gone by today. I think we will spend another day just hanging out here in the fifth wheel, but tomorrow we plan on doing some exploring!